A few years back my doctor gave me this recipe to help curb my sweet tooth and make a healthy treat! I am forever indebted to him. It's delicious and doesn't cause any abdominal upset or breakouts, cause it has NO refined sugar.
It's pretty simple and everyone (and I mean everyone) loves it!
For the cacao, I recommend SuperVital Foods Cacao, as it is NOT bitter. They pick the fruit when it's ripe so it doesn't have the nasty bitterness that many cacao's have. It also has a bajillion (and I mean bajillion) health benefits.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of Grade B Maple Syrup.
- 1/2 Avocado (organic if possible)
- 2 cups of Coconut oil (or substitute)
- 1/3 cup of SuperVital Foods Cacao. Or less depending on how chocolatey you like it.
- 1 cup of soaked organic cashews.
- 1-3 drops of peppermint essential oil, or peppermint flavoring.
- Optional to make it more creamy: 1/4 cup (or to taste) coconut cream
- Soak the cashews for 24 hours.
- Put all of the ingredients in a high power blender. I use a Blendtec because I worked there for a while and think their quality is amazing.
- Process it all for a few minutes.
- Serve in dishes for everyone! Or if you don't want to share, that's totally fine too! I understand.
This recipe nourishes your skin from the inside out! It has all the healthy fats that nourish your skin and doesn't cause breakouts.